Communications & Campaigns Assistant
- Full-time, remote working, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm/10am-6pm, Offices near Waterloo
- Paid at minimum London Living Wage (depending on experience).
Who we are
Drive Forward Foundation is an award-winning charity that enables care-experienced young people between the ages of 13-26 to achieve their full potential through education and training, sustainable employment and a career of their own choice. We are a vibrant team of committed and motivated individuals delivering a high-quality, tailored service to the young people working with us.
We are looking for a creative individual to join our passionate team. Working alongside the Head of Communication and the Head of Political Engagement, you will support the implementation of the organisation’s communications and PR strategy to further the profile of both the Drive Forward Foundation’s frontline work as well as our political campaigns.
Your main duties
- create snappy content for our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn): research and creation of relevant content, copy writing, creation of visuals incl. photos, graphics, videos etc.
- collect beneficiary case studies and write compelling stories/creating videos
- support the upkeep and optimisation of our charity’s website incl. writing well-researched blog-posts and supporting the team in sharing their expertise
- support the production of videos using mobile phones as well as DSLR (research, script-writing, recruitment of participants, filming, editing, distribution)
- liaise with the team to create marketing materials for our corporate partners, referral partners, beneficiaries, funders & supporters
- support the creation and implementation of and effective PR strategy: research relevant media outlets and identify journalists
- policy-related content creation and write engaging press releases
- support the charity’s various fundraising activities e.g. online fundraising campaigns, corporate events, individual challenges
- support with social media and content creation relating to the political engagement brief (this will include travelling with the Head of Political Engagement to ensure regular content creation for our National Policy Forum)
- media monitoring of relevant announcements, stories or contacts relevant to the political engagement brief
- ad hoc support with campaigns research and the management of our care leaver-led Policy Forum
- Provide ad hoc support to the rest of the team, as required
- Take part in Drive Forward’s excellent training opportunities
- Be a ‘face of the charity’ as required at external events or activities
Person Specifications & Experience
- Optimistic and personal demeanour
- Confident in communicating with a wide range of people in person, over the phone and via email
- Emotional intelligence
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enhanced DBS needs to be completed before the start date of the role
- Video/audio editing skills and knowledge of relevant tools are essential for this position
- Experience with visual content creation and social media management
- A keen interest in current affairs and campaigning
- Knowledge/experience of PR strategy and tools
- Knowledge of UK political system and a keen interest in current affairs
- Past campaigning experience in a similar area of policy
- Knowledge of SEO and website management
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- 23 days paid leave p.a.
- Amenable working hours of 10-6, with time-in-lieu awarded for any overtime
- Excellent training opportunities
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Keeping in mind that approximately 70% of our clients are from a BME background, we highly encourage BME candidates to apply.
Please send your CV and personal statement to our Head of Communications, Juno, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your personal statement, please think about:
- Why you would like to join our team;
- What you bring to the role (e.g. previous projects you worked on, relevant experience and knowledge);
- If you have any examples of previous works feel free to include them 🙂