Careers & Employability Advisor
We are looking for an experienced Careers and Employability Adviser with extensive knowledge of working with care experienced young people (16-24) to guide and support young people in their professional development to help them reach their full potential.
You will be working for a charity that really makes a difference to the lives of young care leavers. Wherever they’re coming from, they help to open doors and give them the skills, confidence, and inspiration to realise their full potential.
- Position: Careers and Employability Adviser / Careers Specialist
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 – £ 32,960 depending on
- Full-time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (flexible working available).
- Start date: Immediate Start
- Benefits: 24 days holiday per year PLUS the 1st Friday of every month is a half day. Pension and contributions are payable 3% after 3 months of service, employee assistance programme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide individual Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) support to young people on the programme.
- To identify opportunities for work that match participants’ interests and abilities.
- Support the delivery of various Programmes.
- To assist young people in their search for employment in outreach locations.
- To maintain a client-centered approach and be sensitive to the needs of a diverse client group.
- To compile and maintain accurate records and collect monitoring data for the project.
- To support the delivery of milestones and outcomes relating to those agreed upon with our partners.
- To provide progress information to line management as required.
- To attend and participate effectively in internal and external meetings.
- To adhere to equality, health and safety and all other policies.
- To undertake any such other duties as are commensurate with the nature of the job to meet the needs of the charity.
To be successful in the role of Careers and Employability Adviser you will have resilience, a belief that there is always a way forward and an innovative approach to youth engagement.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience working with vulnerable young people.
- Resilient, positive, and comfortable working effectively with complexity.
- Experience in delivering training sessions to young people.
- A good understanding of safeguarding responsibilities and risk assessment.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as collaboratively with the rest of the team
- Empathetic, engaging, and innovative – the ability to present and to be motivational.
- Flexible approach yet able to maintain clear boundaries with clients once contracted.
- Strong organisational, timekeeping and record-keeping skills.
- Good IT skills required including recording of database entries.
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to young people with varying levels of educational attainment, attention spans and motivation.
If you have the experience and skill set that meets the requirements in this job advertisement, then apply today and enjoy a job that really makes a difference in the lives of young people!
Other roles Recruitment Careers Officer, Careers Manager, Careers Specialist Advisor, Recruitment Support, HR & Recruitment, HR generalist, HR Adviser, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Administrator, HR Business Partner, People Advisor, HR Assistant, HR Officer, HR Specialist, HR Coordinator, HR Consultant, etc.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis and fill the role as soon as we find the right candidate.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We highly encourage BAME candidates to apply as approximately 70% of our clients are from a BAME background.