- Full-time, remote working, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm/10am-6pm, Offices near Waterloo
Who we are
Drive Forward Foundation is an award-winning charity that enables young people with a background in (foster) care to achieve their full potential through education and training, sustainable employment and a career of their own choice. We are a dedicated and vibrant team, committed to supporting the young people we work with.
Working with young people aged 13 – 26, we are a vibrant and committed team who love what we do. We’re looking for a creative Communications Manager to help us engage with more young people, and the people who can support them, through our digital channels and in press and broadcast media.
If you’re passionate about helping young people get on in life, and can identify with the aims of our charity we’d love you to join our small, successful team.
Who you are
Working alongside the Director of Fundraising & Communications, you will play a pivotal role in the development of a comprehensive cross-organisational communications strategy. Collaborating with members of the team, you will devise and deliver quality content using video, audio, and excellent written skills with the aim of increasing the charity’s overall profile and furthering the aims of our Political Engagement work.
You will be a self-starter as well as a team player, with proven experience of media and public relations, and confidence in producing great content and running social media channels.
If you think you have the skills and want to join a team as dynamic as you are – we look forward to hearing from you.
Your main duties include:
- Social media and website management: copywriting; blogging; visual design; video/audio; scheduling; analytics; community engagement; maintenance;
- Compiling the charity’s monthly newsletter;
- Storytelling: Sourcing and communicating beneficiary stories using various media/channels;
- Co-manage our podcast: sourcing interviewees; conducting interviews; editing; distribution;
- Media and PR: writing press releases and effectively engaging with the media/journalists; building a story archive and supporting individuals preparing for media engagements; media monitoring for relevant topics/issues;
- Liaising with the team to create marketing materials when needed;
- Supporting fundraising activities and events;
- Be a ‘face of the charity’ as required at external events
A can-do attitude and willingness to support your colleagues
A forward planning attitude to maximize comms opportunities
Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to relate to people at all levels, and create copy for multiple audiences
Excellent organisation and administrative skills with the ability to work effectively to deadlines, meet targets and achieve demonstrable results
Demonstrable experience in maintaining a strong organisational brand
An understanding of the media landscape and how to target them
Experience of creating/commissioning engaging digital content (solo or with agency)*
Experience of creating video content (e.g. using Premier Pro, iMovie, VSDC, mobile editors or similar)
Experience of creating audio content (e.g. podcasting incl. Editing)
Experience of creating visual designs using tools like canva, publisher, or photoshop
Experience of developing positive relationships with external media outlets/journalists
Experience of managing a website
Social media management of several channels and driving engagement
Experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords or similar
Experience of SEO
Experience of working with young people/disadvantaged groups
Past campaigning experience
Knowledge of UK political system and a keen interest in current affairs
Ability to work within the vision, purpose, and ethos environment of a charitable organisation
Innovative and forward thinking approach to continual improvement
Evidence of commitment to Continuing Personal and Professional Development
*Producing and editing visual/audio content is an essential part of this position. If you don’t have experience of working with relevant software, you will have to demonstrate a strong commitment to learning as well as previous experience of collaborating with content producers (e.g. commissioning an agency) and developing projects.
What you will get
- Salary: circa £28k depending on experience
- 23 days paid leave p.a.
- Amenable working hours of 10-6, with time-in-lieu awarded for any overtime
- Excellent training opportunities
- Staff wellbeing activities
We’re supporting anonymous recruitment. For that purpose, we’re asking you to apply via the CharityJob portal where you can find more detailed information about the recruitment process. Please make sure that you state all relevant experience, skills, and personal motivations in your ca. 500 words long covering letter.
Examples of previous work are also welcome.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Keeping in mind that approximately 70% of our clients are from a BAME background, we highly encourage BAME candidates to apply.