- Full-time, remote working, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm/10am-6pm, Offices near Waterloo
Who we are
Drive Forward Foundation is an award-winning charity that enables care-experienced young people between the ages of 13-26 to achieve their full potential through education and training, sustainable employment and a career of their own choice. We are a dedicated and vibrant team, committed to supporting the young people we work with. We are looking for a creative Communications Manager to help increase our media presence and drive engagement through our digital channels. You will be passionate about social mobility and the aims of our charity. As a small team we are looking for a self-starter, with experience of handling media and PR and confident running social media channels and producing content.
Who we are
You will be passionate about social mobility and the aims of our charity. As a small team we are looking for a self-starter, with experience of handling media and PR and confident running social media channels and producing content.
Working alongside the Fundraising & Communications Officer and the Head of Political Engagement, you will devise and deliver creative opportunities to support our communications strategy helping to increase the profile for our frontline work and political campaigns.
Your main duties
- Creating media and PR stories, writing press releases and selling it to the right media outlets
- Creating snappy content for our social media channels including copy writing, photos, graphics and videos
- Forward planning to maximize comms opportunities
- Sourcing beneficiary case studies and turning them into compelling stories
- Supporting the upkeep and optimisation of our website incl. writing well-researched blogs
- Liaising with the team to create marketing materials when needed
- Support the charity’s various fundraising activities with relevant comms
- Media monitoring of relevant announcements and stories relevant to our political engagement brief
- Ad hoc support with campaigns research and the management of our care leaver-led Policy Forum
- Be a ‘face of the charity’ as required at external events or activities
- Occasional travel to support events
Person Specifications & Essential Experience
- A can-do attitude and willingness to support your colleagues is essential
- Excellent writing skills able to write copy for a variety of audiences
- Experience of creating PR stories and selling them to the media
- A solid understanding of the media landscape and how to target them
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of making digital content – Video/audio editing skills and knowledge of relevant tools are essential for this position
- Social media management – managing several channels and driving engagement
- An interest in current affairs
- Knowledge of UK political system and a keen interest in current affairs
- Past campaigning experience in a similar area of policy
- Knowledge of SEO and website management
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
What you will get
- Salary: circa £28k depending on experience
- 23 days paid leave p.a.
- Amenable working hours of 10-6, with time-in-lieu awarded for any overtime
- Excellent training opportunities
Send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 500 words setting out your motivation and relevant experience in line with the skills required to Juno Schwarz – email@example.com or apply via reed.co.uk website.
Examples of previous work are also welcome.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Keeping in mind that approximately 70% of our clients are from a BAME background, we highly encourage BAME candidates to apply.